Do you love public radio . . .
WCQS / Western North Carolina Public Radio, Inc. has the following opening(s):
Corporate Support Representative
WCQS is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public radio sales team. Position requires the development of new business and excellent communication and presentation skills. 3 years sales experience and 4 year college degree required. Media or marketing related sales experience preferred. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Pursue and obtain meetings with marketing executives and/or owners of major businesses throughout the Western North Carolina region
- Prospect new leads and cold call potential underwriters in the advertising and business community
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales budgetary goals
- Regular attendance at and delivery of client/agency sales presentations
- Propose on-air and web schedules for current and potential clients
- Conduct audience research to include in presentations
- Create multi-platform sponsorship opportunities for potential clients
- Participate in on-going sales training
- Attend client lunches/dinners and community outreach initiatives
- Work with Supervisor and Program Director to obtain on-air and web copy approval
- Stay abreast of market trends and competitive activity in commercial and public radio and online media sales
- Comply with all WCQS and department policies and guidelines
- This position requires use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment; ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, including some evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
WCQS is a community licensed public radio station located in vibrant downtown Asheville, NC and serves 11 counties in Western North Carolina. Asheville is often cited in various top 10 lists for its quality of life. Residents throughout the region enjoy year round outdoor activities and a lively arts, music and culinary scene.
All applications must include: Cover letter, resume, and references.
Send these as an attachment in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WCQS Membership Associate Search” as email subject with name in the body. Or you can send your application by mail to: WCQS 73 Broadway, Asheville, NC 28801 Attention: Membership Associate Search.
SUMMARY: Provides exemplary customer service to the members and listeners of WCQS. Primary functions include managing the WCQS membership database including processing and acknowledgment of all incoming gifts to WCQS and the curation of WCQS’s growing Sustaining Membership program.
Associate also coordinates station volunteers, and provides other essential support to the planning and execution of on-air fund drives, fundraising efforts and donor cultivation. Associate also serves as the primary receptionist for the station.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exemplary customer service to WCQS donors and listeners via inbound phones calls, emails, letters and visitors. Tracks interaction in database.
- Responsible for daily processing and data entry of contributions (incoming via mail, web, telemarketing). Works closely with business office to insure proper reconciliation of accounts.
- Generates accurate lists from database for solicitations, events and other donor activities. Works with Director of Membership.
- Vendor relations – works with various vendors to ensure smooth processing of mailings, fulfillment, telemarketing, thank you gifts, etc.
- Responsible for generating acknowledgment file & letters and other donor and listener correspondence; coordinates fulfillment of thank you gifts throughout the year.
- Responsible for the curation and data management of the WCQS Sustaining Member program. Including monthly payment processing, acknowledgments, solicitations, donor correspondence, and customer support. Works with Director to ensure proper tracking and reporting of the program.
- Run monthly departmental reports including giving levels, active donors, revenue source, method, and other necessary tracking.
- Manages volunteer base throughout the year including scheduling and training of volunteers for shifts during on-air drives.
- Responsible for on-air drive pledge data entry and customer service. Insures daily importing of gifts, processing, and mailing of pledge reminders.
- Assists as needed with donor cultivation and special events. Tracks events and attendance and activities in membership database.
EXCELLENCE IN THIS ORGANIZATION includes the following:
- A high level of commitment and dedication to the mission of WCQS and public radio.
- A high level of energy. An obvious enthusiasm for the work of WCQS. Outgoing, friends with donors, listeners and co-workers, and demonstrates and appropriate sense of humor.
- Acting consistently with the highest standards of fundraising, business ethics and personal integrity. Preserving confidentiality appropriately. Stewarding resources with prudence and accountability.
- Serving as an excellent ambassador for WCQS, both formally and informally. Helping listeners, potential listeners and donors connect with WCQS.
- Facilitating excellent communications across departments, among employees, governing board, the public, relevant national organizations, and suppliers. Fostering open and candid relationships with WCQS listeners and contributors. Managing conflict constructively.
- Demonstrating a commitment to the continuous improvement of WCQS’s ability to fulfill its mission and vision. Demonstrating and encouraging creativity and enthusiasm for this work.
- Develop a broad understanding of all WCQS’s departments, sufficient to collaborate effectively with peers, ensure excellent communications and teamwork among departments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Volunteers
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in public radio or related fields. Non-profit experience and database management highly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of public radio philosophies and goals preferred.
- Knowledge of membership development and fundraising principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial gift processing, data analysis, and membership database management preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Superlative customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and dedication to resolve donor/listener concerns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel especially), Outlook; experience with donor tracking databases; experience with Memsys preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; close attention to detail.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Candidate must be a proven self-starter with a demonstrated ability to provide organized administrative and technical support in direct mail, fund drives, telemarketing, online fundraising, special events and other projects. Candidate will be responsible for the management, coordination and expansion of volunteer corps. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends as membership drives, special events, etc. require.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to talk, hear, walk, sit for extended periods, travel, and occasionally stand, use hands to feel and hold, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The work environment is usually an office and is usually quiet. (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.)
Please note: This is not an all-encompassing statement of this position’s responsibilities. While it attempts to be comprehensive, new responsibilities may be assigned to this position at any time.
WCQS is an EOE/AA employer